24 Mar The Best Undereye Concealer: Things You Need To Look For
If you are perpetually sleep-deprived, you must be familiar with the struggle of battling dark circles and eye bags. That’s when an under eye concealer comes to the rescue. Today, we will show you how to get the best under eye concealer and application tips that you shouldn’t skip.
In This Article:
- What Is Under Eye Concealer?
- Things You Need To Look For In A Perfect Under Eye Concealer
- Tips For Applying Your Best Under Eye Concealer
Things To Take Into Consideration When Looking For The Best Under Eye Concealer
What Is Under Eye Concealer?
Under eye concealer is a beauty product used to hide dark circles or blur unwanted discoloration below the eyes while brightening your tired eyes at the same time.
In terms of texture, a feel-good concealer should be lightweight and liquidy in order to sink and melt into the delicate skin under your eyes. Plus, they are even infused with firming ingredients like caffeine and peptides to minimize puffiness. You can use concealer alone or on top of the foundation.
Things You Need To For Look In A Perfect Under Eye Concealer
- Pick your best formula: Under eye concealer also comes in various formulas, including cream (in the forms of cream stick or cream smudge), liquid, and powder. If you are unsure about which formula to use, opt for a liquid formula concealer. A liquid concealer is the best under eye concealer for most skin types because they are buildable and easy to blend out.
- Get your right shade: Like foundation, there is a broad spectrum of shades for all skin tones. So it’s essential to test out and try on the shade at the store before buying the best under eye concealer for yourself. The best shade of your go-to concealer should be one or two shades lighter than your skin tone or foundation to neutralize dark spots and brighten your eyes.
Tips For Applying Your Best Under Eye Concealer
- Always prep your skin first: Keeping your skin moisturized is crucial before applying makeup, whether you have dry skin or oily skin. Therefore, your under eye area is no exception. Before concealer, dab on a bit of eye cream to hydrate the sensitive area. A layer of moisturizer will lock in moisture and help prevent cakey or creasing under your eyes throughout the day.
- Blend it out with the right tool: Blending out the concealer with your finger may help to melt it into your skin. Brushes or makeup sponges would also be effective if you want more coverage.
- Seal it with a setting powder: After you’ve finished blending the concealer, don’t forget to set it with a setting powder that matches your skin tone or foundation. This essential step will keep the rest of the eye makeup from smudging.
You don’t have to be a professional makeup artist to apply a perfect under eye concealer. Remember to take your time drawing your concealer in an upside-down triangle and trying your best to blend it out as seamlessly as possible, and you are good to go. Try our Gibson Girl’s Liquid Concealer if you don’t want to waste more time hunting for the best under eye concealer. Our hydrating liquid concealer, available in 13 shades, will not settle in your fine lines and manage to give you a dewy finish.
Interested in waterproof mascara? Visit our store and take a look at our featured collections! We can help you create classic and confident makeup looks for the everyday woman. Be the first to find out about new products and exclusive offers.