27 Jan How To Effectively Keep Eyeliner From Smudging
Eyeliner is a must-have in any beauty enthusiast’s cosmetic bag. When applied appropriately, eyeliner may brighten up and draw attention to your eyes.
However, every makeup artist is asked the same question: “How to keep eyeliner from smudging?” This appears to be a complex problem! But not anymore, thanks to today’s tips & methods! Continue reading to learn more.
In This Article:
How to Keep Eyeliner From Smudging
1. Consider Your Beauty Products
Firstly, your skincare. Try using a lightweight product to keep your makeup long-lasting and prevent eyeliner from smearing. Amoliant or oil-rich face cream will not help your liners stand a chance.
Secondly, choose a good eyeliner formula. Investing in an excellent eyeliner will never make your lines smear or budge. Remember that a high-end eyeliner doesn’t always produce the best effects, but a good formula does.
We need to keep repeating this: prime, prime, prime!
Are you used to applying primer to your eyelids only? Now, try making a further step. Apply eye primer into the lash line, onto the lid, right up to the brow, and never forget the very outer corner where makeup always smudges. This step will help the oiliness and moisture at bay.
How to keep eyeliner from smudging? Face powder is what you need!
If it’s the first time you’ve heard of it, trust me, this product works fantastic. Use a brush to powder your lids before applying eyeliner to avoid creasing and slipping off the eyeliner. This method aids in keeping the eyeliner in place and undamaged the whole day.
4. Long-Wearing Eyeliner
This tip sounds obvious, but not everybody is aware of using this. If you wish for a smoldering and smokey look, kohl eyeliner is the way to go. But, not in this case.
Instead, use gel eyeliner, the absolute favorite product of any beauty fanatics. Choose a gel liner that glides on smoothly and lasts all day, keeping your lines clean and your cat eyes fresh even as the temperature rises.
5. Take Advantage of Eyeshadow
If you’re wearing a gel formula, choose a matte, matching shadow and delicately pat it over the top of your produced line. This technique will ensure that your eyeliner lasts all day and will assist you in correcting any minor flaws.
Tips for Applying Eyeliner For Hooded Eyes
When it comes to applying eyeliner for hooded eyes, it never seems easy. But practice makes perfect. With these following tips, creating the perfect eyeliner for hooded eyes will no longer be a complicated technique in makeup.
- Don’t forget eye primer: A light coat of primer across your lid will not only prolong the life of your liner but will also protect it from smudging.
- Thin eyeliner: When it comes to creating eyeliner for hooded eyes, sometimes simple is the best. As thick eyeliner can obscure the eyeshadow, try using classic thinner lines.
- Tightline technique: Use an eyeliner pencil to swipe it into your upper waterline. Gently sweep a basic liquid liner close to the lash line to make your lash line appear fuller. Finish up by curling your lashes and applying a coat of mascara.
- Foxy eyes: Begin by sketching your outer wing. Then draw a line all the way down your lash line, elongating it at the inner corner. Finally, halve the false lashes and use the inner half in the outer corner.
- Smokey liner: Use a pencil in the outer corner, precisely at the tip of your top and lower lash line. After that, smoke it out with a little shader brush. Your eye will appear longer, bigger, and brighter by using this technique.
If you have any questions about how to keep eyeliner from smudging, contact us now to receive a free consultation.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NEW COSMETIC PRODUCTS?
Visit our store and take a look at our featured collections! Be the first to find out about new products and exclusive offers. We can help you create a timeless look for any occasion!