14 Apr 4 Surprising Reasons Why A Lip Liner Is Essential In Your Makeup Kit
Besides giving you a perfect pout, did you know that a lip liner can deliver more benefits than you could have imagined? Here are four reasons you should invest in lip liners for your makeup kit.
In This Article:
4 Reasons Why You Should Never Ignore This Step Before Applying Lipstick
What are lip liners? Lip liners are cosmetic products used to line your lips. They can come in varying shades like lipsticks. Functionally, you can wear lip liner alone or pair it with lipstick or lipgloss.
Surprising Benefits of Using A Lip Liner
The following are some reasons you should include lip liner in your everyday makeup routine for a sleek, long-lasting lip application.
1. Lip Liner Makes Lip Color Last Longer
View this post on Instagram
Before applying lipstick, a thin layer of lip liner will give your lipstick something to stick to, allowing the lipstick to stay in place throughout the day. Moreover, this liner trick can also make your lip color appear more saturated. You can apply this technique for lipstick or liquid lipstick, especially if you love to wear bold and bright lip colors.
2. Lip Liner Prevents Feathering
When wearing lipstick, particularly liquid lipstick, you can’t help but notice little featherings outside of your natural lip line. You will keep the lip color where they belong by outlining your lips. As a result, they won’t smudge, smear, or bleed outside of your lip line.
3. Lip Liner Gives Perfect Pout
Did you know that you can contour your lips with a lip liner to make them appear plumped and full? Make sure to choose a lip liner that matches your go-to lipstick to achieve a seamless effect.
Start by slightly overlining the V shape in the center of your top lip (Cupid’s bow) and keep going until you reach the lip corners, then repeat the same on your bottom lip. Once you’re finished, feel free to fill in your lips with the previous lip liner or just apply your favorite lipstick. Here’s a tip: use lip gloss on the center of your lips to make them appear juicier.
4. Lip Liner Can Be Worn Alone
Lip liners can be worn on their own for a more long-wearing, smudge-proof effect. Thus, wearing lip liner as your lip color can give you a precise lip application on the go. So, instead of spending more money on lipsticks, lip liners can be an inexpensive alternative whenever you need new lip colors!
How to Correctly Line Your Lips
- Step 1: Getting rid of dead skins and moisturizing your lips is essential in order to create a smooth, soft canvas. You can apply a thick layer of lip balm all over your lips if you don’t own a lip scrub and use a clean damp cloth to remove the softened flaky skins after letting it sit for a few minutes.
- Step 2: Once you have completed lip prep, pick out the lip liner that closely resembles the shade of your lipstick. Start lining from the center of your lips, and make sure to follow your lip shape as much as possible.
- Step 3: Use the same lip liner to fill inside the lip liner in stroke motions to lay an even base for the lipstick.
- Step 4: It’s time to blend! Blending your lip liner with a lip brush or your finger will help your lipstick application appear seamlessly on your lips.
- Step 5: Don’t forget to clean the edges after filling in your lips. To finish the application, use a cotton swab or concealer to remove any tiny mistakes outside of the lip line.
Now that you understand why lip liner is essential in your makeup routine, it’s time to grab some for yourself! Our Gibson Girl Makeup Waterproof Lip Liner is the perfect option if you don’t want to look any further. The creamy formula glides like a dream on your lips while providing a long-lasting base for your lipstick. Our lip liners are also available in 9 highly pigmented shades, ranging from nude to pink and dark wine, which will beautifully complement every makeup look you wish to create.
Are you interested in lip liner? Don’t miss this list of 4 reasons why a lip liner is essential in your makeup kit! Hopefully, our guidelines will make your makeup easier and more accessible than ever.
Visit our store and take a look at our featured collections? Be the first to find out about new products and exclusive offers.
If you have questions about cosmetic products, connect with us and learn more. We can help you create a timeless look for any occasion!