11 Jan How To Choose The Best Makeup Setting Spray For Your Skin Type
When having makeup on, every girl wants to avoid smudging, budging, and smearing as much as possible. Despite the large variety of waterproof makeup, a good setting spray is the last crucial step in ensuring that your makeup will last all day and all night. But, how could you know which one is the best makeup setting spray for your skin type? Let’s get into it right away.
In This Article:
The Best Makeup Setting Spray Should Be As Lightweight And Long-Lasting As Possible
What Is Setting Spray?
Makeup setting spray is a liquid mist meant to keep your makeup in place and simultaneously extend the lifespan of your look. Typically, setting spray will be the final step of your makeup routine. Still, it also serves multiple purposes that you have never thought of.
The Best Makeup Setting Spray For Each Skin Type
In contrast to what you might think, there’s no “one-size-fits-all” makeup setting spray. Instead, each skin type will need a specific setting spray.
- Setting spray for oily skin: Regardless of how many mattifying makeup products you may have used, chances are you still need a makeup setting spray specially formulated for oily skin. Avoid sprays that are labeled “radiant”, “glow”, or “dewy” at all costs. Oil-absorbing setting sprays will help your makeup avoid smearing and reduce shine throughout the day.
- Setting spray for dry skin: A moisturizing setting spray for makeup lovers with dry skin should be your go-to. Once applied, it will deliver a dewy effect to your skin. Check the ingredient list to ensure your spray contains hyaluronic and glycerin.
- Setting spray for sensitive skin: Whether your skin is sensitive or acne-prone, grab a setting spray that contains aloe vera extracts immediately. Aloe vera is well-known for its ability to calm and moisturize your easy-to-inflame skin.
Aside from all factors above, don’t forget that a wider selection of setting spray will meet your unique needs. For example, there are sun protection setting sprays for those who spend most of their time outside; anti-aging, skin-benefiting setting sprays will be perfect for those concerned about aging. The best makeup setting spray should be as lightweight and long-lasting as possible in any event.
Moreover, keep an eye out for setting sprays with a strong scent since some of them could be heavy in fragrance. Always test out the setting spray first to see whether or not you like the scent. Even so, splurge on setting sprays that are fragrance-free. What if I’m shopping setting spray online? Read the customers’ reviews for your best judgment.
How To Apply Setting Spray Correctly?
Always shake well to make sure all the ingredients are mixed well together. Hold the spray at arm’s length and start to spray a few spritzes. If you want a full-face coverage, spray in X formation; meanwhile, spray in T formation will help lock oil production of the T-zone. Allow it to dry naturally since rubbing it will smear your makeup.
Setting Spray Hacks That You Should Try
Not only do a few spritzes of setting spray help your makeup last all day, you can also use your best makeup setting spray for multiple purposes.
- Use it as a primer: A setting spray can be a suitable replacement if you have no primer in your hands. Spray a couple of pumps to help moisturizer and sunscreen stay in place before applying foundation. On top of that, it will help hold your makeup and make it last all day and night.
- Hydrate your skin on the go: Besides hydrating mists, did you know that your best makeup setting spray can also do an excellent job at keeping your skin hydrated? Look for sprays that contain hyaluronic acid and glycerin to help add moisture and retain the moisture at the same time.
- Groom your eyebrows: A well-groomed set of eyebrows helps elevate your look, but it can get quite annoying when they don’t stay in shape. Spritz your setting spray on the spoolie and brush your brows with it to achieve the brushed-up, bushy eyebrows trend with.
- Intensify the pigment of powered products: A light spritz on your eyeshadow brush can help pick up more products and intensify the pigment. This technique works best for shimmer, glittery eyeshadows since it makes shadows stick better onto your skin. Furthermore, the setting spray also transforms your powdered products into a cream formula in an instant.
If you are looking for a lightweight setting spray that helps prevent melting and fading, try our Gibson Girl Makeup Setting Spray Finishing Mist for a flawless, gorgeous makeup look that will last all day. In addition to being lightweight, our setting spray is also hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and paraben-free for health-conscious makeup lovers.
Interested in choosing the best makeup setting spray? Visit our store and take a look at our featured collections! We can help you create classic confident makeup looks for the everyday woman. Be the first to find out about new products and exclusive offers.